Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

01 October 2008

Happy Birthday Mama Belle!

Surprise! Never saw this coming, did ya? No, of course you didn't. Because we're like stealth bombers. Incognito. Dropping videos of you across the web in our invisible hover crafts under the cover of darkness. We're like, The Birthday Unit. (My code name is Pegacorn in case you need to talk to me all undercover-like on the walkie talkie's. Roger that? Over and out.)

What you see below is a short video intro for a series at our church. That sultry voice doing the vocals? That's Mama, right 'ere.


Impressive huh? And so cute! Daphne is talented, y'all. A while back she did a post about how talents should be limited - you know, shared amongst all the people, and that one shouldn't have both gifts and good looks - that it wasn't fair to everybody else. (Guess she didn't realize she was one of the girls she was hatin' on, because she definitely has both.) *^_^*

I'm lucky enough to know Daphne in real life, too. I get to go to her house (that one time) and play games and eat food together. And you know, have her take bad pictures of me and post them on her blog without necessary photo touch-ups that make me look so remarkable as to elicit disbelief.

Which is my preferred "look", by the way, if I can manage it.

But this is not about me. It's about Mama! Happy Birthday Mama! I'm glad to know you. Hey, maybe this'll be our year, huh? To know each other outside of the church halls and more inside of clothing establishments and Starbucks! That would make for a pretty good year, right?

Other people are participating too, to make Mama Belle's birthday the best EVER! Click over to their sites - they have videos too! DIFFERENT videos! Because she's got skillz.

Y'all remember that old song from way back in '94?... (I googled it. You can't expect me to know EVERYTHING!)

"Yo, Jam, who's that girl I saw you with the other day?"
"Man, that's this little cutie back from around the way, D!"
"She was the bomb, right"
"You know it!"
"But, you wanna know something else?
"What's that, man?"
"She's got crazy skillz."
"Hhhmmm."
"Uh check it out."
"Check it out."

WARNING: The rest of that song is not what I would call family-friendly, so don't go download it onto ya IPOD. Just sayin'.

Go check out her skill set:
Rachel
Jessica
Amy
Wendi
Jackie
Sarah
Julie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAMA BELLE!
I pray this is your best year yet!

10 people love me:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

This post is so dang witty and clever I had to read through it twice for my little brain to adequately enjoy it!

You two definitely need to get together more in real life!

Happy Birthday Mama Belle, you sultry thing you ;)

Anonymous said...

You know, she's really making me wish I could sing. It's not fair to have so much blessing! :)

Happy Birthday, Mama Belle!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

How fun! Your wordage is dang hilarious! :) Love it. How can one person be so talented? I just finished visiting all of the sites honoring Mama Bells and I am pretty astounded and (just a tad jealous) :) that one can be so pretty and talented. :)
Great post!

Unknown said...

Uhhhh ... once again ... speechless.

Amy Bennett said...

Love your post! this was too much fun!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Indeed, I think the eagle has landed. Just trying to figure out now if it is a happy eagle... :)

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hilarious post, Jodie! I am totally making the rounds on all ya'lls birthday party posts! How fun!

Sara@iSass said...

This was so GREAT!

Jackie said...

Jodie, you are such a wordsmith and frankly, I am jealous. :) But this is not about me, so....Happy Birthday, Mama Belle! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Did I say I love you? Well, I do.