Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

20 October 2008

Ice Breakers

If you could be invisible, where would you go?
To see NKOTB in concert again. Then I would've have to be all embeerassed in front of all the other 12 year olds hollerin' out Joe's name.

What was your favorite book growing up?
I remember loving the book, Rascal by Sterling North. It was about a raccoon. If I ever come across a copy of it, I will snatch it up with supreme delight.

Where is the worst place you've ever had to wait?
In jail. Fo' shizzle.

Name a food that nauseates you.
Spam. Even the word nauseates me.

If you could read minds, whose would you want to read?
My Dad's. The man is a mystery to me.

What is the worst grade you've ever gotten? In what subject?
An F in Physics. The only reason I ever graduated was because I cheated so much in order to pass that one class. [Rachel: thank you and I'm sorry I did that to you.][But really, you were like my Obi-Wan Kenobi. I needed your help. You were my only hope.]

If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
Eeeaazzy. I'd be a unicorn. Because I would be fascinating and have a glittery horn.

If you were a teacher, what grade would you teach?
Grammar, because I LOVE to diagram a sentence. I like words like "present participle".

How close to first place have you ever gotten in a limbo contest?
Second place. Which falls right after first.

If you decide to play along and answer these too, please please oh please, tell me so I can come read your answers! Thanking you. :)

10 people love me:

Unknown said...

I never got to answer any of the questions. I may have to do this tomorrow. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I never knew you were so interesting (actually I did) and so BAD (that I didn't know) Heehee!

Unknown said...

"I LOVE to diagram a sentence"...I knew we connected on some grammatical level :) My favorite class in college was "diagramming" and that's ALL we did! Mr. Ferstal was our teacher and sometimes he'd let me help teach the class...those were the best days :) it was so much fun!
i know...weird...but now I'm weird with you :P

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to have to do this tomorrow too.

And too bad you were in Gulf Shores last weekend, because NKOTB was in NOLA! Short drive... ;) Can't help you with the invisibility though.

And I just love the fact that "skank" is one of your favorite words. I have to be more careful saying that one around my little girl than floozy.

Unknown said...

OK, linked you over at my blog and did the same questions today.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

You, my friend, can make anything funny :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

So laughing! :) Good stuff.

r salvage. said...

I had no idea!!!! (Or did I??? I seriously have lots of missing memories from then.) I'm quite flattered to have been your Obi-Wan Kenobi. And, of course, apology accepted. ;)

bren j. said...

*GASP* You liked Joe too?! ;)

Too bad you went to school in America where you were forced to take Physics. I had a 36% average and dropped it two days before the last available drop date. Sadly, it came back to haunt me in college when I had to take a science refresher course. Oh Nelly, was that B-A-D.

kristin said...

I did your ice breaker check it out sista:)