Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

07 October 2008

Knitting: It Changes You

I'm am up to my ears in yarn. (Actually it's just up to my ankles but that lacks the dramatic punch I'm going for.) I don't know what got into me, but I promised 4 little people that I would knit them each a scarf for Christmas. (Ack!)



I'm about 2 inches into the first two scarves and my fingers already hurt. (Aaacckk!)

(I'm starting to feel like that comic strip character, Cathy. You know the one. She's always pulling her hair in all directions and saying things like, "Ack!" and "Give me chocolate!", and there's the sweat flying everywhere.)

I am going to die.

But a promise is a promise. And if you don't count the bloody fingers, each scarf only costs me around $5, give or take, which makes for a very wallet-friendly Christmas gift. Plus it's a scarf. Hand-knit(ted). It'll seal my fate as the coolest Aunt & Mama ever.

That, or it will totally morph me into a Granny by December.

Give me chocolate! AACcckkk! [sweat, sweat, sweat]

5 people love me:

Anonymous said...

I learned to crochet this weekend and caught myself sitting my MIL's recliner with a blanket over my lap crocheting. I felt OLD.

And unfortunately there was no chocolate.

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i am like that about crocheting...ahhhh! it is such an addiction!

Unknown said...

Your craftiness makes me so jealous.

Jackie said...

Oh, I haven't done any knitting in years...I used to love it! Although I've never really made anything real. Show us a picture of the finished product!

bren j. said...

Whilst I can't picture YOU sweating, I have the worst mental picture of Cathy, possibly the worst comic strip character ever created.