Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

09 October 2008

Luckeeeee!

Look at this!

Would you look at this?!!


I am way more than a little jealous that my nieces got a picture with MY FAVORITE SUPER HERO. Not fair. But I'm so glad they sent it to me as my birthday card... Lucky girls.



And look at all those fun words! She's a walking dictionary! I wanna be just like her when I grow up. (Yeah, I know she's only 10. Shutty.) I just learned that halcyon is a synonym for happy! Who knew?

Thank you so much, Rainey's, and WORD GIRL ! {You rock! I love you. You are awesome and magnificent and fantastic! CALL ME!} {Word Girl, you can totally call me, too! Don't be scared. Holla at ya girl!}

(Yeah, I'm saying "holla at ya girl" again. What about it? It's my blawg. I'm the Queen. Back down.)

6 people love me:

Unknown said...

How cute! Glad I got to help make your birthday a little better (but, seriously ... just the messenger).

Happy Birthday, guh!

Tonja said...

and btw...David totally created that card...it's not some mass send out that we could choose from her website and stick our pic in :)
he looked up the words and everything...just thought you'd like to know!

hope your day was great!

Mama to da Drama said...

did you know that halcyon is also a name of a presription medication?

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I love "halcyon." Not many people know that one. Hang onto it.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Oh you guys are just funny...I need to go to dictionary.com and look up how to pronounce "halcyon."

:-)

Unknown said...

Hey, Sneaking-out-of-church girl, I honored you with a little award over at the old blog. Love ya', girl.