Our lives are so much more than our blogs. I know that any one blog is really just a small glimpse into a tiny window of someone's actual life. So much goes on "behind the blog".
These are some things that have happened over the past month or so, that haven't made it here (well, they're here now, but you know what I'm sayin'):
1. We had a scare with Puddin' after I fed him peanut butter. He was taken to the ER and treated with chest x-rays, Benadryl, steroids (oral and shots), an epinephrine shot and several breathing treatments. He was on the oral one for a week and it gave him a touch of 'roid rage. My generally mild child bit me 3 times one morning in the pediatrician's office.
2. Last week I took him to the allergy doctor and he had 3 vials of blood drawn from his tiny arms for allergy testing, so that we can determine which foods to avoid so that we don't have a repeat of number one. We'll probably know the results by Monday... Friday if the stars and the moon align just right in my favor.
3. Our roof was damaged from H. Gustov and we had some roofers come out to fix it on Friday. The guy said the roof is old and the whole thing needs to be replaced. Yee-ha.
4. Puddin' got sick the night before last and started throwing up. He emptied his stomach and then dry heaved and spit up stomach acid throughout the course of the night. He's been cranky and whiny for the past 3 days. I am having an extremely difficult time dealing with all the whining.
5. Our washing machine broke and stayed "broke" for 3 or 4 days. We got that fixed last Thursday and still haven't caught up on all the laundry, what with all "the throw-ups" and whatnot.
6. I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting yesterday. I've reached a point where I feel it necessary to either start buying "shaping undergarments" or I better bust up some fat. It is time. My starting weight is 168.6. This will not become my weight loss dumping grounds, but I may mention it now and then if I'm particularly happy with my success.
7. The tires on the van need to be changed. Our other vehicle is a small 2-seater truck and Stretch & I can't figure out how the two of us can get the van to and from the shop because we don't know where to put the kids. Tricky stuff, that.
8. Oh, and two of the kids have snot noses.
Today I'm feeling rather blah and irritated, and like I have a ton-o-stuff to do. Welcome to adulthood, right?