Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

23 June 2008

Mop n Glo

I'm a lucky girl. My kids like to fix my hair. They love to comb it (and comb it and comb it) and put barrettes in it. All of my barrettes. In their words, they're helping me "get ready for the party". I love it. It feels really good, and they're so cute when they do it, I just want to squish 'em.

This right here? This is the hard work of my Sweet Pickle.

It should be noted that all of the barrettes are carefully placed on the very top of my head. He likes to be able to brush the bottom and "make it look beautiful". My boy loves hair. He likes the hold it, brush it, make knots in by rubbing it way too much... As an infant I even found it in his diaper once. He loves it.

Also, I can't tell you how many pictures I took of the floor or my kitchen countertop in an attempt to photograph the top/back of my head. Just to make sure I could actually take a picture of my head, (because I was starting to lose hope) I decided to look up at the camera. Well, that's much easier, because I can SEE the camera angle and make sure it is indeed pointed in the right direction. It's cheating, really. I know. So this is my face. Ready for the party. (Looking at myself now, I have to wonder what is up with my face? Why is my skin all splotchy and jaundiced lookin'? I look like an over-ripe peach. That needs some make-up. And the gravity has an interesting effect on my face too, because it's not usually so oval. It's much more, um, round. I kinda like this angle though. Only one chin. I could get used to that.)

After all of the photography hooplah, I mopped. All bejeweled, lookin' like a princess.

9 people love me:

Jackie said...

Oooh, what a cool angle. Your eyes are awesome! I always like to tilt my head just right, too, so it eliminates the extra jigglin' chin. :) The things we do, huh?

I love it when my baby plays with my hair, too...feels so relaxing. Except for the occasionally yank.

Unknown said...

Ummm ... hello! From someone whose seen you in real life ... you're one beautiful mama! And you've got a great personality to boot! Danny's a lucky ... uh, wait, we don't say that anymore ... uh, blessed guy!

Hadn't seen you in a while! When are we gonna do that shopping trip?

Mama to da Drama said...

Ooohh, I can't wait 'til my 'lil chicken starts to "fix" my hair. She tries to brush it now, but it doesn't feel too great yet.

And, Jodie, you do not look splotchy and jaundiced. Actually, from that angle, you look a lot like this girl, I know named Jamie...

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Ummm, you totally ARE a princess :)

I think you look beautiful in that pic...and fantastic job, by the way, on the top of your head shot! Impressive.

bren j. said...

Well a good professional photographer should tell you to tilt your chin up just a bit anyway, so look at you - you're now a professional photographer. Or something like that.

The LG likes to PULL hair.... *sigh*

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

My baby boy likes my hair so much I am unbalanced-- missing lots of underneath strands on the right side. My hairdresser was appalled, but I don't really mind. Nobody can even see that. It's like his little security object. Maybe when he gets a little older he will fix it for me!

Unknown said...

I finished my laundry room!! Woohoo!!

just staying accountable...

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

that's actually a super cute photo!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

You're a goofball...that is a BEAUTI-MOUS photo!!!!

Oh, and the one of your face is good, too.

Hee hee...just kiddin...your skin really does look awesome. You got nothin to complain about, girl.

And the hair in the diaper...hilarious.