Anyway, here we go.
What I was doing 10 years ago:
The year was 1998. I was failing out of college- completely strung out on drugs, estranged from my parents, and I needed to rest, and to eat, and I needed rescuing. Thankfully, that day was soon approaching, because in October of 2000, Jesus (my Superhero) stepped in and saved the day - but not before drug rehab and jail (because apparently I wasn't finished partying like it was 1999).
I'm very glad to have all of that behind me now.
5 Things on my To Do List today:
1) Watch TV!! This is the most exciting part of today's list. No contest. Why? You ask. Because. I answer. Thursday's are my favorite TV night. Because look at what plays! The Office, Survivor, and The Apprentice! Great stuff.
2) Make a few phone calls - pertaining to making and spending money.
3) Take care of Puddin's pink eye. Or, pink eyes rather.
4) Scale Laundry Mountain.
5) Cook supper. And then eat it.
Snacks I Enjoy:
I think my love for Earl Gray tea has been well documented here. As has my undying devotion to feta cheese. So I think it goes without saying, those would qualify as things I "enjoy".
Things I would do if I were a Billionaire:
It's impossible to say exactly what I would do with all of it, but here's a general idea. First, I would see to it that we were instantly and entirely debt-free. I would give a lot of it to kids who need sponsors (like Mission of Mercy, or Compassion International) and to efforts like builing homes for girls they're rescuing from childhood prostitution. I would do everything I could to see those girls rescued.
Also, I would buy a bunch of stuff. The kind of stuff that is typically found in a closet. And then, I would go on some sweet trips. And then, I would buy me a personal trainer for life. And also, a personal chef so I don't have to think about how to cook stuff. And of course, I would obviously save a bunch for our kids lifetime of school tuition. Because really. It would be stupid dumb to be a billionaire and still not have money for them to get smarter.
3 of my Bad Habits:
Organizing. My bad.
Filing. My other bad.
((Cartoons by Dave Walker.))
Being responsible. My other other bad.
5 places I have lived:
All in Louisiana:
Port Barre, Ville Platte, Mamou, Eunice and Carencro. Obviously I like to list the big, prestigious ones. They really showcase where I learned to be so classy and sophisticated.
5 Jobs I have had:
Again, I just want to give y'all a broad spectrum picture of where I learned to be so cultured.
1. Taco Bell (in Franklin)
2. Taco Bell (in Eunice) Because I totally rocked at my job in Franklin, I got the ever-coveted transfer to the Taco Bell in Eunice when we moved. I was um, Grandfathered in. Because like I said, skill. Talent. Charisma. Savoir faire. I had it all.
3. That two days at the mail warehouse.
4. Personal Trainer
to the stars.
5. Sandwich Maker Extaordinaire, Etc. at a local health food store here in Lafayette (which I credit with my love for health food)
Unless I become a billionaire.