Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

02 March 2008

My new obsession, and OH NO!


Well, it's not really new. I used to be obsessed, and now it's back. I've been on a major Earl Gray tea kick. I'm drinking like, 5 cups a day. It's so good. I can't help myself. I was drinking one tea bag at a time in a small cup. Now I've graduated:

large travel size mug
2 tea bags
boiling water
a few Tbsp fat-free half and half
a few tsp white sugar

Happiness. Mmmm. So good.

A few minutes ago I put some water in my fabulous enamel tea kettle to boil.
I got on the internet.
I forgot about said kettle.
I remembered it in a panic!

Oh my. Ohhhh Jesus!

All of the water had evaporated and my precious tea kettle melted onto my stove coil. Melted. I loved that kettle. My mother-in-law gave it to me. I loved it! Because tea is so much more than a delicious, warm beverage. It's an experience. And I love all of the beautiful accoutrements that go along with tea. Like my kettle. And now it's gone. Now I'll have to boil my water in an ugly, although very useful, skillet.

So back to my issha... I deferred to Google... my preferred method of problem-solving. "They" said to just replace the coil. This whole thing just makes me feel really nervous.

If anybody knows of another way of getting it cleaned, please help a sista out!

Now I need to go and unwind.

I think I'm gonna go have a cup of tea.

2 people love me:

Tonja said...

first of all...fat-free half and half? what's left to it?

and secondly, I'm so sorry about your tea kettle...should I let said mother-in-law know that a replacement is needed?

have you discovered Stash tea:
http://www.stashtea.com/
get a catalog if you don't have it, you'll love it! I like the tea, too :)

gigi said...

Jodie,
I am so sorry to hear about the demise of your tea kettle. Being I am your mother-in-law who loves you I will replace your tea kettle as soon as I can find another like it.
Until then you can use your Earl Grey Tea to soak your feet. After running or after a day of chasing the kids, add 10 bags of Earl Grey tea to warm water and soak those puppies.
As for the stove.. pitch it and buy a new one.. hee hee.
Love you... gigi