Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

28 January 2008

Me me me me meme

Missy at It's Almost Naptime tagged me, and I don't mind telling y'all that I'm a little narcissistic, so this will be fairly easy. Although it may be tricky to think of things that are interesting to anyone else but me. Also, I stole that clever title from her (with permission of course) because it's so dang cute.

Anyway, moving on.

The rules for this meme are: (1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog. (3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

1. Every morning when I wake up my throat itches like crazy. I have discovered the most unfortunate way of getting to that itch, and it involves a loud, obnoxious noise that my husband calls "the frog". It's on the top of his Peeve's List. Ohhh, how it grates on his nerves. But I'm yet to find something else less-beastly and man-like that's effective, hence we have "the frog". Every morning. Rain or shine. It's nice.

2. The most interesting job I've ever had was undoubtedly my short stint working in a junk mail warehouse. The fun started at 6 am. When it was still dark outside. I am not, nor have I ever been, a morning person, and so I was still mostly asleep at 6 o'clock. My duties were to feed massive amounts of junk mail onto a conveyer belt to be addressed and boxed up to be delivered to your house. The thing about these belts is that they were moving at warp speed which caused some friction, and that friction caused things to warm up a bit. Things got so warm matter of fact, that they actually caught on fire, at which point we had to stop the belt as fast as we could and pull out the strategically placed wool blankets from under the conveyer and throw them on top to smother those hungry flames before they tried to devour one of the employees. Oh, did I mention that I was 19 years old and completely without ambition? Oh. Well I was. Needless to say, they never saw or heard from me again after day two. Why return after all the fun of day 1, I don't know. Mostly because I was stupid dumb.

3. Although it's been a long time since I was 13, I still sit on the bathroom counter and scrutinize my pores. This is another thing that my husband just can't get enough of. That and all the hair on the shower wall when I'm done getting clean. He loves all of these quirky things about me. They're part of my girlish charm. He's a lucky man.

4. I have a general idea of what my last meal would consist of if I was ever on death row, because I like to plan for the future. I've said it before, I don't want to be caught half-steppin'. And in case you're still reading, here's what's on the menu. You're welcome to join me:
1. Granny's pork roast, rice & gravy because it's the best. It's to die for.
Yeah, thank you. I'll be here all week.
2. Feta cheese, probably incorporated into a tasty Greek salad
3. Chocolate - probably the Hershey's Reserve Dark Chocolate with those deliciously crunchy cacao nibs. Oh, cacao nibs, how I love your sweet, nutty crunchy-ness.
4. And finally, cotton candy & wedding cake

5. Whenever I tan in tanning beds I'm always paranoid that the bed is going to break and my skin will fry on those bulbs. Nevermind my entrails. That's not nearly as much of a nightmare as imagining my skin sizzling, stuck to those hot lights. *shudder* And yet, I still go, because tan fat looks better than white fat. Everybody knows that.

6. I don't like Dr. Pepper. Some may call that weird. I call it, snobby tastebuds.

And the tag-ees are...(opening envelope):

Kristin at Life's Moments
Melanie at Big Mama
Sophie at Boo Mama
Sarah at In the Midst of It
Susanna at Confessions of a Tired Supergirl
AM at Antique Mommy

Congratulations to you all! I hope you'll play along!

2 people love me:

Missy said...

You TAN? On a TANNING BED?

JODIE!!! CANCER much??

REPENT! REPENT!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Thoroughly enjoyed the list. And now I'm about to impart wisdom to you, because I am old and experienced: You have allergies. That's what that crazy itch is. I promise you. I know. Also, I don't like Dr. Cough Pepper Syrup, either. And I used to tan. It makes your pores larger after a while (see #3 on your list.) Fun list!