Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

28 January 2008

100 Wishes - Ella needs squares!



I am so excited and giddy about this! I came across
this site recently and fell in. love. with this wonderful idea! Chris and Julie are asking for help on a project. They are making a 100 Wishes quilt.

I read this and I hear their hearts:

In parts of China, when a baby is born, family and friends donate fabric pieces with a wish for the baby to the child's mother. She then makes a quilt from the fabric. It is said that the luck, energy and good wishes from all of the families and friends who contributed, surround the child when she is wrapped in the quilt. The quilt is then passed down from generation to generation. With your help we would like to honor this tradition from our daughter’s homeland.

There are so many good reasons to make this quilt for our daughter, tradition being one of them. We are hoping to find many ways to keep her connected to Chinese culture. Another great reason is that our daughter will someday be able to see how much she was thought about and wanted long before she came into our family.

Read more about it here. You can also check out some of the fabrics and read the wishes that have already been sent in!

So here's what you do:
  1. Cut one 9” x 9” square of fabric that you like.

  2. On a separate piece of paper/card, put a scrap of fabric and include your “good wish card”. Please also include your name.


I've already got my square cut out for the quilt and I'm working on my wish for little Ella. And I thought, there are probably lots of people out there who would be interested in getting in on some of this sweetness, and I hope you're one of them! What a blessing it will be to this family to receive fabric squares and wishes for their baby girl that they're adopting into their family - and what a huge blessing to sweet Ella when she is grown to see her quilt from people around the world, and to read the wishes and prayers that people held for her long before she ever arrived in her new family!!


So if you're reading this PLEASE PLEASE join in on this project. Click here for the complete details and then email chrisjulietu@gmail.com for their address.

There's still time - don't be left out!

(PS--Sorry about all the font changes. My computer is freaking out on me.)

0 people love me: