Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

28 April 2008

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner

I love quirkiness. To be deemed quirky is, to me, a compliment of the highest rank. I hope y'all feel the same way, especially since I will very soon expose some of your quirks with the interweb. And I applaud your willingness to shamelessly exploit yourselves simply for my entertainment. You are clearly people with your priorities in order. I like that about y'all.

Now, moving on.

I never knew it was such a common illness for people to have dish problems. I was totally unaware of the absolute repugnance with the way other people load a dishwasher. Then there are those who feel they must smell or rinse every dish before using it. Man. Y'all got some mizads, yeah? (Translation: troubles.)

Let me also say, I now feel much better about myself. Even if I take issue with where the cheese is placed on my sandwich and nevermind the fact that I know what I'd eat for my last meal if I'm ever on death row. Y'all are still way more weird. Way more.

I hope.

These topped my list of happiness on a page:
* "I hate mugs, so I always drink coffee out of just a regular drinking cup." (Hates mugs. Hates. Who knew the mug could be so disgusting to someone?) :)
* "I usually have a glass of water and a book in every room of the house."
* "I have a birthmark on my right hip that is shaped like a lobster."
* "I eat strawberries and tomatoes at the same time."
* "Nothing fills me with joy quite like when i see someone trip!"
* "I can't open my eyes in the shower once they've gotten wet until I wipe them off with a towel. That's just how I roll."

* And this one which should have a category all its own, "I gave a pig a heart attack and it died."

My husband swears I did the same thing to a horse, but he lies.

Now onto the winner of my sweet prize! Which incidentally does not include a chicken dinner.
My random number winner is Commenter #4!

Congratulations to Bren J. of Stranger in a Stranger Land!!!

I hope your Monday is happy happy!

Now, I'm going to get a drink of water. But I'm gonna smell the cup and then rinse it out before I actually drink from it.

In an effort to make y'all feel more normal.

I'm all about being compassionate to the freaks.

3 people love me:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud to be your friend right now ... weirdo. I won't even get started about the freakish things I do.

ohhollyf said...

I also sniff my glass & rinse it before filling, and I LOVE to see ppl trip. But, the lobster made me chuckle, just to imagine you id it.
And, the pig heartattack, must be another post in itself ( and if somebody trips ) it'll be a great read.
Remember my quirk of not liking to get my hands wet? Oh the challanges!

Anonymous said...

So that you don't feel alone in your wierdness...
1. I never put my cheese on the mustard side of my sandwich.
2. My favorite part of a loaf of bread is the heel/butt/end...
3. I can't deal with long nails. I think they're filthy.
4. I eat grilled cheese with tomatoes.
5. I'm a skin picker, any suspicious pits or bumps don't stand a chance.
6. I am neurotic about cutting my split ends with nail scissors.