Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

09 February 2008

...to do what REALLY matters for our family.

Late last night I was reading up on some of my favorite blogs, and I went to In the Midst of It and read this post by Sarah. Every time I woke up during the night I was thinking about this post, and how I should consider that for myself. And the fact that I feel a strong internal resistance is just proof of the fact that I need to pull back. The computer is fun, but I spend too much time here to acheive what I really want for my life, for my family.

So I, too, am taking a break. I love the internet. Maybe too much. I am so easily sucked in by it - checking email, myspace, facebook, blogs - my own and others. So much of my thought life is wrapped up in what happens here, at this desk, on this computer. So I'm leaving it alone for a while - posting on my blog, constantly checking myspace and facebook. I'll be limiting email and using my phone to actually talk to people instead.

I have a family I've neglected - a husband and 3 young children that deserve to be loved well. I waste alot of valuable time sitting here, doing this. I don't want to look back over my life and see these years, and regret the way I spent them. I want to be a better homemaker, a better mama, and a better wife. Like Sarah, I want to be sucked in by making breakfast and dinner for my family and by reading stories to my children. And I want to get better at knitting. I want to spend the evenings with my husband. Not my blog. I want to embroider and sew, and make spaghetti and meatballs with PlayDoh with my children while they still want me to play with them.

I want to take care of my family.

PS - Sincerely, thank you to all of you have offered your encouragement and support to me here. It's touched my heart. I'm glad to have "met" you and I am grateful for your reaching out to me.

1 people love me:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I totally support your decision. Trust me, as one who has kids 21, 18 and 15, you will not regret ANY time you spend with them when they're younger. Or with your husband. I commend you. That said, you are an excellent, mature writer who always speaks to me, so I'll miss coming here, although I don't get here as often as I like. Let me know when you're back someday. Be blessed!