Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

11 March 2009

Indefinite Hiatus

I'm taking a break, y'all. There are too many things in my life that need attention. Alot of attention. I am so easily and quickly sucked into this thing. This feels like a replay of the last time I took a break, and it is similar... except this time I won't be back in a week.

It's time I faced the music. I've gotta to be honest with myself and hold myself to a standard that I hold other people to, but have been unwilling to live by myself. I think they have a word for that: hypocrisy.

Continuing to spend as much time sitting at this computer as I have been... I can't justify it anymore. I'm overdoing it, and I need to step completely away for a while. Some people are able to balance this part of their life with everything else, but as for me, I have done very poorly. And I need to rectify that.

I teach my children to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. I guess I'm back in school, relearning that lesson. Stuff is piling up around here, and I'm not just talking about the dust, dishes and unfolded clothes. My priorities are in the wrong place and it's costing me, big time. Bottom line: My house is not in order.

And I need to see about that.

I think it's important that I remind myself that this blog is not my life. It's just a blog. It's not really what's real.

The irony is that the fear of missing out on something "important" has cost me the most important thing. By putting off facing this issue that has been steadily growing and growing, I have sent the message to people I care about that this is more important to me than they are. And that is just wrong.

I don't know how long I'll be gone, but for now I cannot see an end in sight.

Thank you so much for your understanding, and for really making blogging fun for me... really. I'll miss y'all, but I'll see you when I get back!

*** I am still able to be reached by email. All comments left for me here
are sent directly to my email, so if you need me, I can still be found. ***

Thanks again all of my lovely friends!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And, just in case you came here looking for something to read,
here are a few links to a few of my favorite posts....

A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever
I'm Outdone
I have sunk (sank) (sunken) to a new low
100 Things
I'm no flibberty-ibberty-gibbit
She saw me, and then I saw myself

Okay well, in case I don't see you... good morning, good evening and good night!

10 people love me:

Anonymous said...

I'm on an indefinite hiatus, too, except I'm still allowing myself to comment (I read blogs at work when I have busy work that doesn't require the computer). I don't turn it on when I'm at home. :)

Miss you but at least I get to see you April 4th! :)

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

You'll be missed :( But I get it...I so get it.

Never fear, we'll be here when you get back ;)

babies said...

you have some really good reads here! while you are setting things straight, be sure to memorize all the amazing stuff that happens while you're at it. so you can write about it when you are ready.

i hope everything turns out just right.

Unknown said...

Will miss you, except when I see you. Love you, girl.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I miss you already! Mainly because I haven't been on blogger in at least a week. Probably for the same type of reasons as you.

Still love you...and can't wait to read from you again! :-)

Jackie said...

You know I love you - and I'll SO miss you! But I hear you...this crazy blogging thing is such a hard thing to balance.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I understand oh so completely!
You are a gifted writer - I have really enjoyed reading your thoughts.

Sometime soon {when I have more in order} I look forward to coming back and reading your faves. :)

Anonymous said...

so proud of you....i've done the same thing.

can't wait to visit face to face again...let's find a reason :)


tj

bren j. said...

Well I'll sure miss you but I hope you have a happy refreshing break and lots of time to get things straight. A friend of mine just came back to blogging after a five month break and I'll tell you - that was one exciting day. :)

Hopefully we can still keep in touch though.

r salvage. said...

Enjoy your hiatus! And wishing you much luck in getting your home in order.