Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

29 June 2010

A Medley of Announcements

When I see the word medley
I think of cafeteria food.
If this post that I'm offering up today were a school lunch,
this is what would be on the MENU 
[which I used to think was pronounced me-new... 
being a WordGirl is something 
that has developed over time]. 

Salsbury Steak
The flava has returned to my mouth!  Ha-lay-lou-juh. [pronounced with a J sound, not a Y, cause it's funner to say that way.] [No, funner is not a word, but funner is funner to say than more fun.]

Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
My foot is still bothering me.  It hurts across the top, where all the lil' bones are.  I find that it feels better when I tippy toe than when I'm flat footed.  What does that mean, do ya think?

Dinner Roll
I've been listening to 100 Portraits again for the first time in years.  About 9 of them.  Years, that is.  It is so good that I rarely want to hear anything else.  Do you get fixated on music that way, too?  I am fixated, except for right this instant, because I'm listening to Pandora and they do not have a 100 Portraits station.  What is this world coming to is what I have to say about that.

Vegetable Medley
(corn, peas and green beans)

For a long time when I'd ask if he wanted to potty on the big potty Puddin' would say, "No, I tiny baby." He is now starting to use the potty and is pretty proud of himself.  [Part of the excitement is getting to "thlush" when he's all done.] 

Also, how can the summer be enjoyed when it's too hot to even walk outside?  Right now it's breezy out there which amounts to this: It was already hot as HECK, but then someone went and turned on a fan heater.  Sitting out there makes you wish you had an internal sprinkler system installed.

Lastly,
I just heard this line: 
Oh LORD, God of our fathers
this day let it be known
That you Lord, are God of the present tense.
I love that.

That's it for today.
I hope you enjoyed your meal.
Come Again!

5 people love me:

myletterstoemily said...

luby's at jodie's!

i, too, will listen to a song until
i have sucked the marrow out of
it. poor thing.

my very cool daughers, who i told
"don't be cool, embrace your nerd
selves!" love luby's. i think this is
hilarious.

i will tell that fact at their rehearsal
dinners.

keep postin', darlin'!

Unknown said...

Can't help but envision you tippy-toeing all over the house.

Jodie | Velour said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodie | Velour said...

Luby's! Yes! Or you know, high school. :) I'm glad you liked. I was hoping someone else would enjoy it as much as me. I knew I could count on you!

Mama Belle: I'm not... I mostly just limp, although it's a very slight limp... barely noticeable. Doesn't garner me much sympathy. It's like nobody even cares that I'm just barely injured.

Lyn said...

100 potraits...i have been craving them for going on 2 years!!