Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

29 December 2008

To Love Without an Agenda

...All I want from you is to trust me with what little you can,
and grow in loving people around you with the same love I share with you.
It's not your job to change them, or to convince them.
You are free to love without an agenda.

-taken from The Shack
(I've decided to finish it. And I'm so glad I did...)

and then there's this, which seem to go hand in hand with the other thing:

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully
as when they do it from a religious conviction.
-Blaise Pascal

Just ask anyone who has been "ministered to" from that angle.
Or ask someone who has been on the giving end.
I've been on both.
Ugh.

2 people love me:

Anonymous said...

Isn't The Shack such an amazing book??? I absolutely loved it. Next on my reading list: The Last Lecture.

P.S. Another great book is A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hello my friend! I hope you're having an amazing New Year's Eve!

Okay, I am bent now: I want to read this book. I have heard of it several times, and I keep unintentionally dismissing it. I am convinced. Thanks for sharing the quotes.