Word Up - It's Time to Get Wordy!

Word of the Day
I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences. Gertrude Stein

22 March 2010

meanwhile + a guessification and also some announcements

This song is sort of what's keeping me away for so long.



If I were to prognosticate, (which I am), I'd say I'll be back somewhere in the space of the next 8 to 10 weeks or so.  Just speculation though; a feeling in the bones.  (Which may or may not mean anything.)

Oh, and a few announcements:

 + I'm no longer on Facebook.  I deactivated this week... I've felt for a long while now that I needed to lay that down but tried other methods instead, like cutting back, because I can quit anytime I want, gosh!  Except that I couldn't, in fact, and kept being sucked back in within a matter of days, so I decided to drop it like it's hot.  In ya face, Facebook!

 + The other thing is this: 
A while back I changed Post a Comment to People Love Me and I've come to regret that word choice - only now I've gone and disremembered how I did it so I have no way of going back and undoing it.  
My search, thus far, has been feckless so maybe I will one day be so fortunate as to find how I got myself into this pickle in the first place and correctify my actions.  

Anyyyray...

Everything rides on hope now.

7 people love me:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I've never heard this song before, but I LOVE IT.

I'm off to try to find it on itunes.

And lady, I think you're something beautiful...hurry back :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Love, love the song... and NeedToBreathe in general. Today I really heard this song in a new way, so thank you kindly.

Unknown said...

Gosh. My heart was all aflutter when I saw your post in my following list. Just like Jesus, I'll never leave you or forsake you. I'll just keep hanging on.

Gosh, you're off Facebook. How will I ever talk to you or get messages to you now? Guess I'll have to resort to the ancient technique of the phone call.

Love ya', girl.

myletterstoemily said...

hey jodie!

my friend who is prognosticating,
no worries. we are obviously
waiting patiently, or somewhat
patiently.

8-10 weeks can fly by. . .that's what?
less than a trimester!

love the song and will pray for that
beautiful thing.

not sure why, but i think you are a
kindred spirit with one of my
daughters. check out sunday lane
on my space and tell me if you
think so.

she has gone through some pretty
tough stuff in her young life, and
i just love her so much.

she really loves Jesus.

why is your comment info in french?

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

You're so stinkin CUTE! I love that it says "People love me"! Awesome!

But hey, if it makes ya all weird, lose it. When you figure that out.

:-)

I HAVE MISSED YOU!

As you know, I had to dump FB too. I miss it sometimes, but eh, there's always blogger.

I was so thrilled to see you in my friends list! HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I HAVE MISSED YOU??

Jodie | Velour said...

Sarah: Thank you - your sweet compliment puts some smiles on my heart.

Mama Belle: Girl, telephone and teletext. :) And thank you for your long-suffering and everlasting faithfulness. :)

Chel: I heart you, my sweet Georgia Peach!! You are like that first ray of sunshine after a really gray winter. :)

r salvage. said...

I did notice that you'd dropped off the face of facebook! It's like a vortex. It sucks you in and wastes your time. I've cut back a lot recently.

Good for you for doing what works for you!